MIDDLE STRIKE CONTACT – The holder will move around a couple more feet. Then later came other versions including the Hit2win Trainer^ and the SKLZ Target Trainer. The ball should be positioned slightly in front of the batters front foot. The height of the ball should be raised and lowered in the strike zone to give the batter swings at both high and low strikes.
There are many versions of the “ball-on-a-rod” trainer. Check to make sure the batter is using proper grip, stance and stride mechanics.
4. First, the product is to be used as a “still” ball trainer. 3. The batter swings and drives the ball in a direction that would be to the opposite field. The ball hit is on the middle 3rd of the plate. The batter does not move. Second, the holder must stand at the proper angle to the batter and direct the ball at the correct angle to the batter. You can learn to hit without having to chase, pick-up or retrieve a single ball. All of these baseball trainers basically work and perform the same. Make sure that the hitting area is safe with no one within 15 feet of the holder or the batter.
The http://BaseballCoachingDigest.com has a great selection of BASEBALL COACHING and TRAINING ARTICLES. These trainers are some of the most popular baseball batting trainers used today.
1. The batter should keep the head still and the head should stay down with the eyes on the ball throughout the swing.
1. Allowing the ball to pass inside the front foot allows the batter to use the front foot and leg as a anchor and leverage to generate a more powerful swing.
The popularity come from the benefits they offer the baseball player, baseball coach, and the baseball parent. ^Hit2win is a registered trademark of Nedco Sports Products. Every player on the team can take 30 warm-up swings each in less than 10 minutes.
3. The batter should take a step and drive the ball.
2. Check out the Bat Action Hitting Machine baseball pitching simulator at http://BatAction.com. Make sure the ball is directed at the batter’s back foot.
7. The batter will drive the bat through the box. Positive reinforcement should be given when the batter makes good solid contact.
8. This teaches the batter to allow the ball down the middle to get inside the front foot so that maximum power can be generated during the swing. The batter should attack the inside strike earlier to keep from getting jammed.
4. If the angle is wrong, the end of the bat will hit behind the ball and the bat will never actually touch the ball. The holder should make sure that the trainer safety strap is used to prevent the holder from losing their grip on the trainer when the batter hits the ball.
The key to proper use of any hand-held batting device is KNOWING AND USING THE CORRECT ANGLE FOR THE DRILL YOU ARE DOING! If you do not direct or point the ball at the proper angle, the batter will always make poor contact. The unit is portable and requires no setup. Make sure the batter does not over stride.
6. You should not move the ball when using these trainers. Make sure that the batter is swinging in a direction that is free of persons should the batter lose the grip on the bat.
Baseball Hitting Drills – Tips and Drills For Using Hitting Stick Trainers
by: Nick Dixon
2. The first and original version was the HitnStik*. The purpose of these swings is to make the batter use the hips as the batter turns and hits the ball. The holder will change the location of the ball by moving.
As the inventor of the HitnStik*, Hit2win Trainer^, and SKLZ Target+ Trainer, I sometimes cringe when I see someone using the product incorrectly. The batter may have to take a slight inward step with the front foot to properly execute this swing.
The holder changes location and height and allows the batter to take 6 swings at each location. The first thing to remember is that the holder should always direct the rod and ball toward the hitter’s back foot. HIP TURNER LOCATION – The holder stands slightly behind the batter directing the ball at the batter’s bat pocket. The ball should be at a location just inside the batters back foot. This simple rule insures that proper bat-to-ball contact is made. The ball will be positioned in a location behind the front foot. All of these are handheld units. The ball should be positioned at a location inside the batters front foot. They have different names but they all are great trainers to teach and train young players. This location simulates hitting a pitch over the inside 3rd of the plate. +SKLZ Target is a registered trademark of Pro Performance Sports.
10. This is what I call “coning out”. . I often see coaches and parents working with players when I visit a park. INSIDE STRIKE – The holder moves toward the direction of the pitcher from the batter. Remember to direct the ball toward the belly button or back foot of the batter.
9. AWAY STRIKE LOCATION – The holder will move around a couple more feet to give the batter a ball to hit that is on the outer 3rd of the plate. It is important to know the proper angles when using this product.
The 4X5 Baseball and Softball Pre-game Warm-up Drill
5. I sometimes get frustrated because I observe the product being used incorrectly.
The batter takes 5 swings at 5 different ball locations. It is welcomed in complexes and parks because it allows safe pre-game warm-up, requires little space, and does not damage fences. This high speed training machine is 100% Guaranteed to raise Batting Averages and has a full year warranty.
*HitnStik is a registered trademark belong to Easton Sports